Plant QA Supervisor
Reports To: CEO
Indirectly Reports To: Plant Operations Supervisor
Location: Victor, ID
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel: Estimated 5% or less
*Submit Cover Letter and Resume to “Jobs” at “katesrealfood.com” using subject Title “Plant QA Supervisor”
Job Purpose Summary:
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of quality at the production facility necessary for the successful control of food safety and quality expectations in addition to Supply Chain Management responsibilities.
- Manage the quality and food safety systems as outlined in the quality programs
- Lead the facility Food Safety and Biosecurity programs
- Manage facility regulatory, customer, kosher and third party certification compliance programs
- Oversee quality related documentation and certifications
- Perform internal and external audits to support the Quality Management System
- Provide hands-on activity and management for the performance of testing related to product requirements
- Produce reporting for quality results and perform corrective action activities
- Lead internal improvement and project management teams as assigned
- Lead the training program for the facility
- Assist with mock recalls and other actions to test the systems for compliance
- Manage internal databases for documentation and testing data
- Disposition nonconforming product and raw materials
- Reductions of supply chain cost
- Assist with the shipping, receiving and other functions in the facility as needed
Education and Experience:
- Degree: BS in Microbiology, Food Science / Technology or equivalent experience
- Previous quality assurance experience in food manufacturing environments including audit experience is preferred. PCQI certification required.
- Experience in microbiology, GMP’s, chemistry, equipment design, sanitation and quality systems
- Must have general knowledge of regulatory and kosher compliance requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be adaptable and flexible
- Must be organized and analytical
- Excellent communication / presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent recordkeeping / documentation skills
- Basic understanding of microbiological and chemistry testing procedures
- Basic understanding of laboratory testing equipment
- Understanding of current laws and regulations related to food manufacturing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- SQF Certification
- Six Sigma certification at the Green Belt level
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
- Office machinery including: computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Microsoft Office Suite and Access.
Working Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in dusty, wet, hot or cold environments for extended periods of time
- Requires prolonged sitting and standing, bending, stooping and climbing
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and laboratory equipment
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision (including colors) to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and laboratory results
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires exposure to machines, chemicals and solvents
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations.
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to give, to receive, and analyze information, formulate work plans and prepare written materials and articulate goals and action plans.
- Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to do basic math calculations, input data into a computer and analyze data is required.