Over the past twenty years, organic food has risen in popularity—and that popularity is not slowing down. Many who prefer to take the organic-food route believe these products are safer, healthier, tastier, and more environmentally friendly.
Kate's Real Food is committed to providing quality products that cultivate wholesome living. We ensure that our food bars are made from real ingredients—everything is non-GMO and certified USDA organic. As advocates of natural living, we also strive to provide you with the best up-to-date information on organic food.
What Is Organic Food?
Organic food refers to the way food is grown and processed. For something to be certified as organic, it must be grown or farmed without artificial chemicals, hormones, or antibiotics—and it cannot be genetically modified. This means no genetic engineering, radiation, preservatives, or synthetic fertilizers.
Any company that wants to be USDA certified as organic must abide by these standards and pass regular inspections to earn the distinction. Kate’s Real Food is dedicated to establishing a sustainable food ecosystem by fostering conversations on local and organic ingredients. Providing product made from real, non-genetically modified products is the heart and soul of our business.
Pros of Organic Food
There are numerous studies highlighting the health benefits of organic food:
- Free of harmful pesticides, antibiotics, GMOs, and additives. Conventional crops can be coated in toxic pesticides to keep rodents and pests away. These chemicals have not been widely studied on human health—but research reveals that consuming these pesticides can increase the risk of developing diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s. Buying organic food helps you avoid any health-related risks associated with toxic pesticides.
- Higher nutritional value. In a 2014 study, organic food contained higher concentrations of essential nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants. These additional nutrients can help protect against health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, cancer, and Alzheimer’s.
- Environmentally friendly. Organic farming is typically more environmentally friendly. With fewer pesticides and a wide diversity in plants, it sustains biodiversity, the richness of soil, and the freshness of groundwater.
- Better taste. Just becauseorganic food is high in nutrients doesn’t mean it skimps on taste. Organic farming accentuates flavor in fruits and vegetables. Their high antioxidant levels provide a rich taste that often lacks in preservative- and pesticide-filled conventional foods.
- Hydrogenated fat-free. Hydrogenated fats, or trans fats, are liquid vegetable oils converted into semi-solid forms through a hydrogenation process. They’re most often found in baked and fried foods. Consuming these fats increases your risk of developing heart disease, which is the leading cause of death in the U.S. Therefore, organic food fuels you with quality ingredients that pave the way for a healthier and longer life.
Cons of Organic Food
There are a few downsides to eating organic food:
- More expensive. Buying organic food can be more expensive than conventional food due to production costs.
- Shorter shelf life. Because organic food doesn’t contain any preservatives, it can have a shorter shelf life than highly processed food.
The Bottom Line
What we eat all comes down to choice, and these choices affect our health and well-being. By choosing organic food, not only will you enjoy the health benefits of a nutritional diet, but you will also help build a sustainable world.
Always striving to provide the best quality products for communities, Kate’s Real Food has created great-tasting organic food products. Our ingredients have earned the USDA organic distinction and contain zero GMOs. Plus, they’re gluten-free and use all-natural honey, which adds to the great taste.
Shop with Us
If you’ve been searching for foods to keep you fueled, then look no further than Kate’s Real Food. All of our products taste great and are filled with the energy you need to make it through the day.
Shop our products today to nourish yourself for that next adventure!